Dont judge....Diabetes and cannabis?

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
I used to have it but stopped when I got a bit older and it made me paranoid. Also the munchies would negate any health benefits for me - everything tastes soooooo good when you have the munchies and you can just go on and on eating.

granit777

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All.

Ok, so i have T1, a good job, good lifestyle and am not a waster.....

I was diagnosed only 5 months ago, and still learning to adapt.

I smoke cannabis, maybe 3-4 times a week, maybe a bit more on social occasions. i go to the gym 4 times a week and dont really drink too much.

Apart from struggling with " the munchies" now and again, is there any other way that it can have a direct effect on the diabetes?

Cheers guys!
I have had diabetes for........ 28 years type one and smoked cannabis through out, trying to stop for a bit as I have to finish renovating my house and it does get in the way a bit, plus I dont want to smoke anymore, I do believe that it has benefits to diabetes it defo lowers sugar levels so watch your doses when smoking as having the munchies when your sugar level is low you are likely to eat the fridge :) my blood presure has always been good too.I think I am going to try cannabis oil next year its concentrated im going to use rick stimpsons recepie for curing cancer, I was diagnosed with m.s 2 years ago and think that the cannabis helps this too, im ok :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, I went through a long period of smoking cannabis.. I stopped habitually using it a long time ago, which pleased my long term partner (now my wife.) a non user but cool with it type!
Apart from the obvious risks regarding the tobacco mixing. I'd say it did stabilise my BSs. As opposed to the BS "roller coaster".

I'm more inclined these days to promote low carb high fat than smoke a phat one...

But I did write a shed load of songs on the back of it too.... ;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in the days when I sampled, I found it did more harm than good, and I stopped very quickly.

I had undiagnosed reactive hypoglycaemia at the time, and found I moved from happy/giggly/chilled to ravenous/zonked/shaking with low blood glucose, very rapidly.

I'd end up looking like the walking dead - so pale I was grey, red rimmed eyes, shaking and eating anything that moved... Not a good look.

Mind you, the following morning I would feel fantastic. Utterly relaxed, and free of all the random aches and pains that plagued my existence even then. It would last most of the day.

Perhaps I should have gone for smaller quantities :)

I can imagine it would be fantastic for MS and Fibromyalgia.

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Main thing is to stock up on LC snacks for when the munchies hit

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back in the days when I sampled, I found it did more harm than good, and I stopped very quickly.

I had undiagnosed reactive hypoglycaemia at the time, and found I moved from happy/giggly/chilled to ravenous/zonked/shaking with low blood glucose, very rapidly.

I'd end up looking like the walking dead - so pale I was grey, red rimmed eyes, shaking and eating anything that moved... Not a good look.

Mind you, the following morning I would feel fantastic. Utterly relaxed, and free of all the random aches and pains that plagued my existence even then. It would last most of the day.

Perhaps I should have gone for smaller quantities :)

I can imagine it would be fantastic for MS and Fibromyalgia.

I think the with the first time try's it tends to be a passed over well packed "dube" from someone with a higher tolerance level...? "Bigger boys made me do it!!" Lol
I found out a couple of years back in Switzerland, when me & the bass player got passed one from the supporting Austrian band.
We decided to partake for "old times sake" & we both realised after a couple of tokes that our tolerance had dropped... Lol

H

Hooked

I've heard it's seven times more carcinogenic than tobacco. Don't know how true that is though.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here is the "truth" kids... ;) Though I do stress.. There are cheaper & healthier benefits with LCHF dieting,
if anyone is contemplating the justification of "weed use" solely on the basis for BS control...

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I'm kinda on the fence on this issue but see it as a personal choice, if it helps things like neuropathy then I'm fine with that, even fine if it just relaxes folk. On the other hand I do know people who abuse it and get paranoia and depression and are mental health services users. take your pick

Reactions: 2 people

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never done it -unless you count getting lungfulls when we used to go into our loft and next door neighbours had a cannabis farm in theirs!!!

They moved out shortly after the police raid. Can I just add we live in a very nice area.