Dont lose hope.

rocknrollman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories,people who like hunting and snobs.Also Pompey fc.
I was told i had type 2 last December.
I was totally devastated to say the least,especially as i had rarely led an unhealthy lifestyle,or was i too much over weight.As the same as most of you on here i was put of metformin and various other drugs.
There was two ways i could have handled this.I could just accept the fact im getting older and things like this happen,or i could say sod that and fight this and try to get my life back on track.
I chose the second option and decided to fight this and change my life.I lost weight and started to change my diet and exercise more,although i didnt stop drinking alcohol at weekends(we all need a release).
Anyway this week ive been told i can stop all tablets completely and am basically back to how i was.Although i will always have diabetes,i am now able to control it by diet only.
I post this because i want my post to be a hope that anything is possible.I know everybodies circumstances are different,but please have hope that it can get better.
I wish you all well

Reactions: 2 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news and very well done.. Glad to see you have the "sod this!" attitude. I found it has really helped me too.
All the best and keep it up.
Regards
Mark

Reactions: 2 people