Down days

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I know where your coming from.
Over Christmas when everyone was tucking in to their food and I'm busy counting the carbs on my plate, it really hit me that there really is no break from this. Even though this was my third diabetic Christmas I hadn't been so strict with my carb counting previously and making sure I bolused pre-meal.
I remember you said before that you had a toddler also, I know that this can also complicate things further.

It is hard and I felt the same over Christmas, even though I hardly touched chocs, sweets or alcohol and when I did ( with a meal) BS went out the window :mad: that was my 25th Christmas. Even though we have rotten, bad days (and you just want to give up) fed up, weepy and sad, and just want to go back to being 'normal' I still want to have many, many more Christmases in the future.

Take care and try to pop in to the forum when you can . There's normally some one about.

Take care and try to enjoy your Sunday :)

RRB x

Reactions: 6 people

kat1989

Thanks everyone for all your support anf kind words,yeah there are days when i could easily stay in bed all day just to forget for the time being about the needles and injecting etc.
Christmas and new year were horrible as my first one but some people still brought me chocolates etc still think they are learning just like me

Reactions: 6 people