Dr James Fung 3 day fasting

Mat_Hunt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I read about the work by James Fung on using fasting to restart the immune system. I'd heard a lot of stories of how good it was. I've been fasting for a day having previously been doing low carb, so I don't feel hungry as I am in ketosis. Is this a good thing?

I will be starting the Michael Moseley Blood Sugar diet on Monday regardless of the outcome.

Regards

Mat

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Mat
Have you read Jason Fung's book - its very practical on the toopic? Being hungry whilst fasting is normal if you have normally been fuelled by carhohydrates and may increase on day 2 then decrease on 3rd day as your body gets used to being a fat burner (using up own supplies). I once did 4 days and the hunger part was fine but I could not sleep so will not repeat that voluntarily!
Type 1 sugars were generally better and I needed 2/3 insulin I normally take as a basal dose; if you are type2 then your own insulin needs will be dropping too and that is great for your insulin sensitivity. Good luck with the Michael Mosley diet too as you will be eating much less carbs and therefore doing a similar thing to the fasting.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I read about the work by James Fung on using fasting to restart the immune system. I'd heard a lot of stories of how good it was. I've been fasting for a day having previously been doing low carb, so I don't feel hungry as I am in ketosis. Is this a good thing?

I will be starting the Michael Moseley Blood Sugar diet on Monday regardless of the outcome.

Regards

Mat
Hi Mat
Yes fasting can be a powerful tool in controlling blood sugar levels. I'm not quite sure how that ties in with the Moseley Blood sugar diet and that is a low calorie higher carb method. What are you aiming to achieve with the blood sugar diet and the fasting?