Dr. Jason Fung: Canadian Nephrologist - please look at his work in connection with Type 2

C

catherinecherub

The "advertisement" that was removed was a link to Dr Fung's website where he has laid out a number of videos explaining his work. There is, it is true, a link where you can get specific diet advice for a fee but you have to go to the join page. There is no fee to watch his lectures which I found very informative. The posts probably read like an advertisement because the two people are quite glad they found the site and have found it useful as indeed have I. I think you are seeing something that is not there.. Fung fan boys maybe as I would class myself. Anyway good luck with your LCHF.
Regards
Mark
I just noticed that the link to Dr Fung's website has been removed as advertising, which is puzzling for 2 reasons:

1. His website has been mentioned and linked to on a few other threads here already
2. His website offers an extensive number articles and videos, all for free! How is that advertising?

I have absolutely no affiliation with him or his site, but will be happy to shout from the rooftops that his advice has helped me (and so has Dr Bernstein's, Mark Sisson's, and many others').

The link that was removed was an advertisement that led to a variety of websites and had no connection with Dr. Fung unless he runs a Weight Watcher's class, and sells Tee shirts and yoga DVDs and a well known brand of cereal. (some of the many links). His name was not mentioned on any of them.

Reactions: 7 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The link that was removed was an advertisement that led to a variety of websites and had no connection with Dr. Fung unless he runs a Weight Watcher's class, and sells Tee shirts and yoga DVDs and a well known brand of cereal. (some of the many links). His name was not mentioned on any of them.
Hi Catherine.
Oops my bad.. apologies. I misread the web address.
Regards
Mak

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We all should be conspiring a bit more to get LCHF out there .twitter etc, every retweet would help

Reactions: 4 people

Tony2016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello Everyone. Everyday I have to remind myself I am on a LCHF diet and fasting till noon, and I have to keep on this diet probably for life which can be difficult. Sometimes I yearn for a Cadbury chocolate or fish and chips, or pizza that I used to love so much. I asked Jason Fung a question and he did invite me to join his clinic but I did not as I have managed to reverse my diabetes now. Still if I had joined his clinic I could have learned more. Anyway, advertisement or not it is a way to accrue knowledge from his clinic which may help us in the long run.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. I have been on LCHF since May 2015 and dropped a load of weight which resulted in having to throw away my clothes and get new ones.
Tinkering about with the LCHF so that it fits in with what I can live with I have gone for mainly an 8 hour eating window (12 noon to 8pm usually). Hunger pangs don't happen very often but a bulletproof coffee or a mug of beef broth sorts that out.
I have also started rendering fat to make my own cooking oils. Pork is my favorite as I get a nice pile of pork scratchings as a bi product.

Interesting article and a couple of videos about fasting here: http://www.collective-evolution.com...s-to-your-brain-why-big-pharma-wont-study-it/

Reactions: 6 people

Tony2016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fasting from 7 pm to noon the next day does wonder for my weight and BG. It is easier to achieve than fasting the whole day. But for those who needs it then do keep it up. Depends on the person. Also no hunger pangs as most of the fasting is done while you are asleep.

Reactions: 4 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
There is s much information on the net about LC and intermittent fasting without the need to consider increasing the wealth of Dr Fung or his affiliates - the only UK one being in Harley Street! Intermittent fasting has even been the subject of UK TV programmes.

@dunelm pharmaceutical companies have a duty to their shareholders to make money. It makes sense that they would spend most of their money to do exactly that.

Regards

Doug

Reactions: 5 people

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well - I must be a Fung fan-girl too! I'm trying to associate Dr Fung at his whiteboard with a fat cat - and I just can't! All those fabulous postings on insulin resistance and fasting - absolutely free! Him expressing what seems a genuine interest in improving the health of T2 diabetics everywhere with an internet connection - no plugging going on, apart from what is free! Very refreshing on the internet - as we all know?

I am particularly enjoying Fung's analogy/metaphor at the mo', of insulin resistance and T2D as the town of Diabetesville (just from memory here), our cells are the houses in the street, our arteries and veins the streets, and the garbage/street cleaning trucks are insulin (I'm a little fuzzy on the distinction between insulin and glucose in this metaphor right now - I'll get better I hope! Do correct me if I have got it wrong...). The garbage in the street is overspilt glucose. In Diabetesville all the house doors are wide open, and so the insulin/cleaning trucks scoop it up and pop it into the houses, cleaning up the street of all that glucose. (Maybe we could have the metaphor extend so that the glucose powers the house? In glucose burning mode? Which can be switched over to solar panel/fat burning mode lol.) Anyway, when the houses get filled to bursting with the glucose the insulin trucks have piled into the houses, the glucose then spills out again into the street. That's life in Diabetesville.

Cute huh? I love it.

Anyway - no money made from putting that on the net. Just wanting to spread the word to hapless inhabitants of Diabetesville.

He does have his own practice/center and has a book out, another on the way - but our societies do work this way! And he certainly does a lot of information spreading 'pro bono' / for the sake of information spreading.

Reactions: 6 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really have to look him up, he sounds like he knows his stuff.