Drinking fluids galore

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having recently got my BS down to more sensible levels generally between 4.4 and under 9.0 with the odd spikes to 11.4. :)

For the past 3 weeks'ish I have had a real stinking cold which then caused infections in the ears and eyes. More over the past few days my thirst has really gone through the roof and appetite with cold has gone done, though the BS has crept up over this period.

Fair enough illness can nock you off colour, I just can't understand why I am drinking fluids at the rate I am doing. A 2 litre bottle of diet pop has lasted less than a day, the kettle is on every hour for a cuppa and in the mean time drinking loads of water.

I wake up in the night with a very dry mouth and often having to get up for a drink and loo visit. Just confused as to what and why this is happening, as been ill before but not had these sort of side affects before.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
If your blood sugar is higher than normal, the need to drink will be higher as the body needs more fluids to get rid of the excess sugar, via your kidneys, in your urine.

Take care

Doug