Drinking Milk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just read that drinking milk in the morning lowers blood sugar level for the rest of the day. This seems to contradict what we are told ie milk will raise blood sugar. What are we to believe?

Reactions: Freema

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Could you say where you read this, please.

D

Deleted Account

Try it.
We are all different si the only way to tell how your body will react is test, drink, wait 2 hours and test again.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Try it.
We are all different si the only way to tell how your body will react is test, drink, wait 2 hours and test again.

Surely you would have to test 'for the rest of the day' to see if levels were lower for.... the rest of the day?
I smell bunkum.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
maybe, I don´t know, but there seems to something going on in one's intestines... so maybe it depends what type of bacterias one feed there by drinking milk... it seems that not all people do raise blood glucose from the same foods, but in general a lot of carbs do raise blood glucose.. and diabetics are less able to avoid high spikes from eating meals with a lot of carbs in. and also less able to get their blood glucose numbers down again into normal levels

Last edited:

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Carbs are carbs. Milk won’t lower your blood sugar.
Smells just like all the other herb or miracle cures out there.