Drinking on the (Diabetic) Job

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
I'm mainly a Scotch drinker. I have just come across Rekorderlig Cider, the Low Carb sort 2.6g/100ml.
I am more considered in both what and how much I drink then before, and I suppose as that means I drink less than before it could be termed a positive of T1!

On one of the recent chilly days, I was remembering when that would of seen me out for a nice walk in the country then a nice pub lunch with a few real ales and a warming shot of drambuie to finish. But too many beers means too many carbs, and drambuie is basically whisky and sugar!

I can still do the walk, eat almost the same lunch, but I find lagers like Bud Light and of course spirits with diet mixers, wine all easier to manage now... and I just don't get as inebriated as before so that I can keep an eye on things.
That sounds very civilised. I still occasionally get drunk. The hard part of being drunk, which I only do at night is trying to administer the Lantus, I would profile a syringe and use that, so I couldn't give myself an overdose. Now I'm on a pump, so I don't have that problem now.