Type 1 Drinking tea

D

Deleted Account

Not for me ... although I always drink black or herbal tea. No sugar and no milk. So no carbs

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's very rare that I don't have a cup of tea in my hand. I drink it white (with semi skimmed) no sugar. And I don't think it has any impact on blood sugar levels.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I am fuelled by tea. White, no sugar. No problem.

Reactions: mytype1.life

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I avoid tea with milk ( just in case )
I always drink black coffee - no issues with BG

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I drink a lot of tea. I used to take it with half a teaspoon of sugar and skimmed milk but on dx I dropped the sugar then I switched to full fat milk and recently I have been having more creamed coffee, obviously without sugar. The result? Dropping sugar in tea = brilliant decision. Switching from skimmed to full fat milk = a small difference hardly discernible. Having creamed coffee instead = again, a small difference but with the added benefit of stabilising my weight loss by adding a little more fat, cutting down on the milk and being (still) a great treat especially now we are in full winter.
Having said all that if you try to take away my teapot I will fight ya!

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have plenty of tea (very strong and nearly black) most days and it doesn't affect my levels I've found.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Tea with milk or emlea single light cream ,no problems.

Are you aware that Elmlea is made up of half cream and half vegetable oil? As vegetable/seed oils are known to be inflammatory I now avoid the Elmlea double cream for this reason and choose to buy whole double cream. Perhaps the single cream is 100% animal derived, worth checking the ingredients and nutrition list on the tub.

waldo

Hi All, I drink lots of tea white no sugar in a mug, it raises my levals considerably, so I tend to inject to compensate.

JoanPH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
present American politics, un-asked for advice!
Does any one find that tea drinking raises their levels please
Yes, Jackie, I am a tea drinker and my readings go up, I'm thinking it is the milk?