Drinking tea

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve not really had a problem with this until last week. I have tea at home no sugar. Skimmed milk

Last week at work after I had tea I started to feel really ill like gonna be sick faint hot low bloods etc. Happened each day since Wednesday last week. I’m then dealing with hypos after.

We use green milk at work. Could this be the cause maybe the difference in mills??? As fine when I drink at home or have peppermint tea

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A cup of tea won't cause a hypo. Nor will a cup of tea with 50-100ml of either skimmed or semi skimmed milk prevent a hypo. 100ml of semi skimmed milk has 4.8g of carbs. 100ml of skimmed milk has 5g of carbs (so realistically, there is no difference in the milks). Having a hypo after a cup of tea is just a coincidence, or perhaps you are having tea at a similar time every day and that time is when your body is going to have a hypo. We're these hypos confirmed by finger prick tests? How is your type 2 treated, if medication is causing daily hypos you may need to discuss reducing your medication with your DSN.

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A cup of tea won't cause a hypo. Nor will a cup of tea with 50-100ml of either skimmed or semi skimmed milk prevent a hypo. 100ml of semi skimmed milk has 4.8g of carbs. 100ml of skimmed milk has 5g of carbs (so realistically, there is no difference in the milks). Having a hypo after a cup of tea is just a coincidence, or perhaps you are having tea at a similar time every day and that time is when your body is going to have a hypo. We're these hypos confirmed by finger prick tests? How is your type 2 treated, if medication is causing daily hypos you may need to discuss reducing your medication with your DSN.

I really should change the type 2 bit. Since then. I have been diagnosed with LADA 1.5 diabetes.

Think I may need go back to food diaries and frequent checking for now to build a good picture. Some of them were from finger prick tests and some of them I just knew they were low

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So are you taking insulin having bee diagnosed with 1.5? What insulin regieme are you using?

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So are you taking insulin having bee diagnosed with 1.5? What insulin regieme are you using?

At the moment I’m on metformin only. Eventually I’ll need insulin but my body can cope with medication.