Drinks

HilsG

Hi Everyone
I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes last week. Please could someone help me find alternative drinks - the trouble is I cannot tolerate sweetners in any form and dislike herbal and fruit teas. Only being able to drink water, the odd cup of coffee and an occasional cup of tea is driving me a bit nuts.
Any ideas would be most welcome
Thank you
H

D

Deleted Account

There are many different types of herbal and fruit teas such as more "spicy" ones such as ginger based, herbal such as mint, tea alternatives such as roibos (redbush) as well as the fruit-based hibscus ones (which I don't like).
I also like tea with spices such as black chai tea or lemon green tea.

I sometimes make my own infusions such as grating a big chunk of fresh ginger into a flask and adding boiling water then leave to steep and dilute. I sometimes add lemon juice for some extra flavour.

All of these also work as iced teas - make a small amount with boiling water, leave to steep for 10 minutes then fill up your mug with ice and cold water.

HilsG

Thank you Helen - I have tried so many herbal and fruit teas, I have given up. I don't like hibiscus or licorice root either and both are present in so many. I think I'm looking for something that doesn't exist!