Type 1 Driving

sosanmaleeha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,

I pass my driving test at the end of December and have still not received my license. Did anything like this happen to you, if so what did you do.

Thank you!!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @sosanmaleeha ,

Welcome to the forum.

Long time since I passed my test... With regards to renewing a restricted licence every 3 years. DVLA have been pretty quick!

If you have records of your provisional licence number? I'd chase them up..

Congratulations on your pass, by the way. :)

Reactions: sosanmaleeha

sosanmaleeha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Jaylee
Thank you...i called them up because i got a letter and a form to fill out.
Practically because i had less then a month before my provisional expired when i passed my test, they have to re check my medical stuff because its been three years.
Thank you!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
O
@Jaylee
Thank you...i called them up because i got a letter and a form to fill out.
Practically because i had less then a month before my provisional expired when i passed my test, they have to re check my medical stuff because its been three years.
Thank you!!

No problem.

Was it a "DIAB1" form..? Should move pretty fast once they've received it.. Probably a "crossover" with the full licence application & the restricted licence renewal..? Once established. DVLA will send reminders a month or two? before expiry, to renew every 3 years. (The maximum they can give.)

Reasonably plain sailing (or driving.) from there on.... :)

sosanmaleeha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
O

No problem.

Was it a "DIAB1" form..? Should move pretty fast once they've received it.. Probably a "crossover" with the full licence application & the restricted licence renewal..? Once established. DVLA will send reminders a month or two? before expiry, to renew every 3 years. (The maximum they can give.)

Reasonably plain sailing (or driving.) from there on.... :)

Im not sure, im a student living out, so the forms where sent to my parents address. I will find out when i go back home.