Dry skin

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
Probably due to the warm weather , but is anyone suffering with very dry face skin , no matter what face wash or moisturiser I use my face drys up and tightens up pretty much straight away

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you been out in the sun?
Try using hydromol or similar. I use it on my skin conditions as a moisturiser and alternative to soap. You can use it anywhere :)

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not since it flared up, I'll try get me hands on that , cheers

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you drinking enough or seeing high blood sugars?

Dan minchin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably due to the warm weather , but is anyone suffering with very dry face skin , no matter what face wash or moisturiser I use my face drys up and tightens up pretty much straight away
I got this a lot and it was so itchy and red it wept. For it was regrowth if face hair. Now I shave everyday religiously and moisturise and problem has gone. Sometimes I moisturise twice.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have very dry skin which got worse last year. I tried everything I could find, without any fragrance which I'm allergic to. I was prescribed several different moisturizers but the best one was Aveeno Cream. It helped the dry itchy forehead which had been driving me mad. It also helped everything else.

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks all, as I said been trying every thing , even this newish cara ve stuff , but as quick as the very dry skin started with the dry , warm weather it's gone with it , in normal weather ( raining and cold ) the cara ve works great , seems it's a weather based issue