Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Hi All,
Before I go to a doctor I am wondering what could be causing an irritating leg pain i've been experiencing recently. I cycle alot and run but don't feel the pain when moving, mainly when sitting or lying.

The pain seems to radiate around the area in the image. I occasionally see an enlarged vein when flexing my leg so possibly could be the cause it but not sure. Not much info on the web regarding this issue. I've had my fair share of leg injuries and this does not feel like a muscle issue.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 880

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you take statins? they can cause muscle pain, or it could be low mineral levels - try tonic water/bitter lemon but check to make sure it's got real quinine in, some of the cheaper ones only have the "flavouring" but if in doubt see your GP

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Do you take statins? they can cause muscle pain, or it could be low mineral levels - try tonic water/bitter lemon but check to make sure it's got real quinine in, some of the cheaper ones only have the "flavouring" but if in doubt see your GP

Thanks , it's looking more like a vein issue. When standing up and looking down on the knee I can see an ugly looking vein protruding from the area where the pain radiates.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks , it's looking more like a vein issue. When standing up and looking down on the knee I can see an ugly looking vein protruding from the area where the pain radiates.
I've not had varicose veins but I understand that they can be painful, good luck with getting it sorted