duodenal mucosal resurfacing

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi .
I saw an advert for this procedure online today. Has anyone had any experience with it? I am hoping by keeping to a LCHF diet to avoid going onto insulin in the future, but does anyone know if duodenal mucosal resurfacing works?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi .
I saw an advert for this procedure online today. Has anyone had any experience with it? I am hoping by keeping to a LCHF diet to avoid going onto insulin in the future, but does anyone know if duodenal mucosal resurfacing works?

There is a longer term study being conducted on this in the UK at the moment, out of London and Nottingham (I think for the latter, or it could be Derby). It is a procedure, that I believe has been available for some time, in the US.

I listened to a presentation about it all, maybe a year or so ago, when UK recruitment was still ongoing. It wouldn't ever have been for me, and I didn't "qualify" anyway, but like anything requiring a procedure, my advice would be for individuals to do their own dee psi even into what is actually done, and the potential wins and losses from that procedure.

I've just looked up the study name: Revita. In my mind I always hear Ryvita, but maybe my food obsession is worse than I usually acknowledge. :)

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is a longer term study being conducted on this in the UK at the moment, out of London and Nottingham (I think for the latter, or it could be Derby). It is a procedure, that I believe has been available for some time, in the US.

I listened to a presentation about it all, maybe a year or so ago, when UK recruitment was still ongoing. It wouldn't ever have been for me, and I didn't "qualify" anyway, but like anything requiring a procedure, my advice would be for individuals to do their own dee psi even into what is actually done, and the potential wins and losses from that procedure.

I've just looked up the study name: Revita. In my mind I always hear Ryvita, but maybe my food obsession is worse than I usually acknowledge. :)
Lol about Ryvita :)