AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi Folks,
I guess this may have been asked (and answered) previously but I'm wondering why we have two separate forum threads that seem to be asking the same thing.

1. what was your fasting blood glucose number this am
2. type 2s what was your fasting blood glucose in a morning

It isn't my intention to start a lengthy discussion about this .. so please feel free to ignore if you choose. It's just that I don't understand why there is a thread for everyone and another for only T2s to share their fasting BG levels on a daily basis

PS: Mods .. sorry I couldn't think of any other forum board really suitable for posting this question

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
One is for type2s and other is everyone!

I believe type2 one was made for just fbg reading only and no discussion.
However posters want a little interaction, it seems. Newees wanted help to reduce their fbgs in-line with posters posting their excellent results.
Myself and few others felt ignorant not replying to peoples ask of how we did it. Hence I and many more now reply minimally, not to upset anyone.
I encourage type2 life thread for conversation. As type2: what is your fbg in a morning is mainly just for a quick post of fbg readings. Apparently.

I don't know that once new mods settle in they re-enforce no conversation on type2:fbg thread?
I'm happy the way it is. Many have left the forum due to its strict restriction in the past.
So I hope it just stays a happy posting thread, myself.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Folks,
I guess this may have been asked (and answered) previously but I'm wondering why we have two separate forum threads that seem to be asking the same thing.

1. what was your fasting blood glucose number this am
2. type 2s what was your fasting blood glucose in a morning

It isn't my intention to start a lengthy discussion about this .. so please feel free to ignore if you choose. It's just that I don't understand why there is a thread for everyone and another for only T2s to share their fasting BG levels on a daily basis

PS: Mods .. sorry I couldn't think of any other forum board really suitable for posting this question

From memory, the T2, and more general fasting thread was created some time ago, as there there had been some sometimes confusing discussion where new or recently diagnosed T1s were seeing T2s posting very low numbers, and T2s passing comment on T1 numbers, when the regimes each group may be following can differ somewhat. T2s were being told their insulin wasn't set correctly or T2s being told to do x, y or z. Of course those are just examples.

It was felt that separate threads would work better.

To an extent, the general thread has morphed a bit, with a number of bot T1s and T2s posting on there, without apparent disruption.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One is for type2s and other is everyone!

I believe type2 one was made for just fbg reading only and no discussion.
However posters want a little interaction, it seems. Newees wanted help to reduce their fbgs in-line with posters posting their excellent results.
Myself and few others felt ignorant not replying to peoples ask of how we did it. Hence I and many more now reply minimally, not to upset anyone.
I encourage type2 life thread for conversation. As type2: what is your fbg in a morning is mainly just for a quick post of fbg readings. Apparently.

I don't know that once new mods settle in they re-enforce no conversation on type2:fbg thread?
I'm happy the way it is. Many have left the forum due to its strict restriction in the past.
So I hope it just stays a happy posting thread, myself.

I will just say that there are also high numbers of reports relating to off-topic and derailing posts in the same thread Ickihun. The previous iteration of that thread was locked as it had ground to a mish-mash of everything and nothing, with many complaints that they couldn't find fasting blood reports on the thread, in the midst of the general chitchat.

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @AndBreathe and @ickihun
All answers above make sense and clarify the issue .. thanks
I can understand the confusion about responses to posts between T2s and T1s .. and I can also understand the issue about a thread drifting into off-topic areas .. but wouldn' it make sense just to convert the "general" thread to Type 1s and leave the other one as Type 2s (as it is) .. just a thought
I also endorse 100% the importance of things staying as "happy posting threads"
Maybe something for the new team of mods to think about ...

Reactions: Ultramum