Durectic tablets

Nannynet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi I'm having problems with blood pressure meds, I seem to badly react to all groups so far, I'm on irbesartan at moment but got terrible acid reflux and cough from it the only type they haven't tried is durectic, but I've read that diabetics can't take them as they raise glucose levels, anybody any experience of these? Thanks in advance.

SwissT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too have hypertension and I have monitored my waking blood glucose with and then without diruretics after stopping CoAprovel. With a diuretic (HCT 12.5mg/day) the glucose was no more than 1.0 higher (6 versus 5) so it's not too bad. I hope your doctor finds a combination of meds that works for you.

finzi1966

I’ve been on diuretics for heart failure since before I was diagnosed with T2D, so I don’t know whether or not they make a difference (don’t have a choice, anyway). I do take a beta blocker for my heart which I have heard might cause diabetes - who knows? I was overweight anyway with a carb-heavy diet, so it didn’t come as any great surprise.

Maybe you could talk to your doctor about Forxiga (dapaglifozin)? That has a diuretic effect by causing you to pee out excess glucose, so it might help blood pressure? Also, if you eat a high carb diet, lowering your carbs might possibly help your blood pressure

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was taking 2 x 40 mg twice daily of Furosemide to stop fluid retention, which caused me o get a low blood pressure.

I stopped this medication and dosage when I got a bladder infection last and my GP put me on 1 x 100 mg Spiractin tablet daily.

My bgl are withing range mostly.

More about diuretics here if you want to read up on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diuretic