DVLA Field Test

Sunburyboy93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning to all,

I'm Laying awake tonight, can't sleep as have a Level 1 DVLA Field test at Specsavers tomorrow afternoon and my nerves are shot to hell, been a type 1 diabetic since I was 12 back in 1987, have had laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy 4 times in 2 years hence I guess the reason for this new test tomorrow whilst reapplying for my licence renewal as the time before I hadn't had any laser treatment , had the vision field test two weeks back During a regular eye test and missed a few I think as I took it three times so dreading the DVLA one tomorrow.

Been driving for 22 years and am petrified of losing my independence if I can't drive

Anyone else fail the test ?

Bye

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Luck!
And please come back and tell us how it went.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Anyone else fail the test ?

Not failed the test, but the Optician conducting the test should take into consideration that your nervous and give your eyes time to adjust to the test, try not be nervous and please keep the thread updated on your progress. Good luck.

Sunburyboy93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well I passed thank god, I was resigned to the fact that I was going to fail it !!I was thinking of what bus routes I have to get to and from work, how it was going to affect my life it has been an awful 48 hours, but to be fair to spec savers they were fantastic they put me at ease explained everything in great detail which i really think helped me a lot…

feels like such a great weight has been taken off my shoulders

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well I passed thank god, I was resigned to the fact that I was going to fail it !!I was thinking of what bus routes I have to get to and from work, how it was going to affect my life it has been an awful 48 hours, but to be fair to spec savers they were fantastic they put me at ease explained everything in great detail which i really think helped me a lot…

feels like such a great weight has been taken off my shoulders

That's good news and such a relief for you, usually they don't tell you the results if it's for the DVLA as they leave it to them to decide if you've passed the test.

Well done and hope you get a better nights sleep tonight :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news! Well done. :D
Thank you for letting us know.:)