DVLA - Renewals

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone know how long online renewals are taking?
How long is a piece of string?
Mine took 6 days.

I applied online and the only medical condition I had to declare for a standard license was Type 1 diabetes with good hypo awareness and none that required assistance.

I know other people with multiple medical conditions and/or renewing mini-bus license (sorry, I forget the Classes involved) have taken more than 6 months.

I believe you can drive on a section 88 for 12 months, if you have confirmation your application has been received from the DVLA and you have documented evidence that a doctor has declared you fit to drive.

I know a number of MPs are involved with lobbying the DVLA when licenses are taking long times.

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How long is a piece of string?
Mine took 6 days.

I applied online and the only medical condition I had to declare for a standard license was Type 1 diabetes with good hypo awareness and none that required assistance.

I know other people with multiple medical conditions and/or renewing mini-bus license (sorry, I forget the Classes involved) have taken more than 6 months.

I believe you can drive on a section 88 for 12 months, if you have confirmation your application has been received from the DVLA and you have documented evidence that a doctor has declared you fit to drive.

I know a number of MPs are involved with lobbying the DVLA when licenses are taking long times.

Thank you. 6 days is pretty impressive.
I applied today. Not sure how long mine will take because I had 1 hypo requiring some assistance but that was because my consultant put me on Metformin as well as my insulin. Im told that should be OK and its mainly if you have 2 or more hypos requiring assistance.