1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

DVLA Testing

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by sidecarracer, Apr 12, 2016.

1. sidecarracer

sidecarracer Type 1 · Newbie

I lost my driving licence in Dec 2014 following afield vision test carried out by Specsavers at the instigation of the DVLA. Following notification that my driving licence had been revoked, I complained to the DVLA reference the following points.
    1 The test was carried out in an unprofessional manner, by a junior member of "front of shop staff"
    2 The test involved following a moving light, a test which I had never experienced before.
    3 I was not calibrated correctly to the machine, at one point the moving light disappeared completly.
    I did not receive any satisfactory explanation to these points. I have since been made aware of issues raised in the press, indicating that there have been issues identified in the "Process" of testing.
    Are there any forums which specifically deal with this issue.

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

3. Roy_Thwaites

Roy_Thwaites Type 2 · Member

That's specsavers I wouldn't go I went to a regular test it cost more but I got the works test.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook