DVLA

Denis Lunney

Have any other diabetics had problem trying to have their C/1 D/1 put back on their driving licence I am 72 years old still working self employed as an industrial heating & plumbing engineer I have been fighting the DVLA since April 2015 I have type 2 diabetes controlled by insulin and tablets the process the DVLA use is far to long this saga has been going on for 15 months and I am no nearer getting them put back the DVLA has sent me for 2 medicals 2 eye tests and are now asking for a medical at a hospital 51 miles away. This has annoyed me to be treated this way our MP has asked the director to investigate the procedures used I just wonder if there is anyone who have experienced the same treatment they claim it is law but it is law from the European Market as we don't belong to the European Market any more how can the DVLA enforce it I would be interested to hear from other members

S

Shar67

We are still in the EU and will be until article 50 is invoked and terms settled so we are in it for the next 2 to 5 years.
Even though it is an EU law we have adopted it so cannot see it changing unless something major happens to change it.