Early Pregnancy

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone! Just found out yesterday I’m pregnant, very early between 4-5 weeks. Although I already have 1 child I’m soooo anxious, I’m going to speak to the doctor about this as I do have problems with anxiety already. But it is mainly around testing, I have had a few low blood glucose levels. I have 2 particular questions.
1. What are the actual dangers of becoming low while pregnant? (just to ease my anxiety slightly)
2. How likely am I to be funded a CGM while pregnant? Has anyone been lucky enough to get funding due to pregancy and anxieties over testing?
Thank a lot x

EDITED to say I’m type 1 diabetic on pump therapy

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey congrats !:)
Don’t panic your be fine x
Def get in touch with dsn
I’m 15+3 with my 3rd baby and Iv been prescribed the libra meter I just had to do a trial and test at least 8 times a day which I was ....
Regards to low sugars Iv been type one with all of my pregnancies and have always had bad low sugars throughout in each!! Docs told me they don’t like it because of risks to you hurting yourself mainly but it won’t harm your baby ... the only worries are towards end of pregnancy can indicate placenta failure but that’s detected by a scan anyways

Highs are worse than low blood sugars for baby but it’s difficult if you are so low you stumble and fall that’s the risks

Think positively though your have lots of support and scans :) have u started 5 mg of folic acid yet ? Xxx

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If your dsn doesn’t mention the libra funding then ask away their usually really happy to put you forward in pregnancy especially x

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Awh thank you! That’s a very positive story about you getting the libra meter. I’ve got an appointment with my DSN Thursday so I’m going to ask then. Fingers crossed:D im already taking folic acid and can’t wait for the scans hehe:shy: thank you for your kind reply and advice xx