Early scans

CarlyBal84

So iv found out I'm pregnant after 6 years of unofficial trying and 2 years officially trying.
I'm currently nearly 7 weeks and have my first midwife appointment in just over a week. And she has arranged for a GTT in a weeks time.
I was wondering did everyone have a early scan between 7/9 weeks as it's in the NICE Guidelines? Or did u have to wait until the normal 12 week scan?

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had an early Scan at 8 weeks gestation :) some people don’t get offered a scan in some hospitals, but like you said it is in the NICE guidelines that diabetics should have a scan between 7-9 weeks so I’m sure everyone is allowed one if they ask x

CarlyBal84

I might ask my midwife then when I see her. I just keep worrying as if had a rough time with pregnancies iv miscarried and also have a son who was over 12lb at birth aswell

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you see an antenatal team? That’s who set it up for me. When I asked my midwife she said it’s not her who arranges it and my diabetes team said the same. When I went for my 8 week appointment the midwife at the antenatal clinic asked if I’d had one and squeezed me in on that’s day lol and said I should have hadn’t one by now x

CarlyBal84

Nope I had to refer myself to midwife as GP was useless. Which was just before Christmas she arranged a GTT for me for next week then first time I see midwife is on the 8th. Which I will be 8weeks and 2 days I think

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had an early scan all 5 times (two miscarriages ) and 3 baby’s as soon as I told the clinic they scanned me that day so I waited till after my own private scan to tell them to make sure everything was ok after going through 2 mc

Expectingeden

Hi guys sorry for the change in topic. But recently I went to my 12 weeks scan where according to my midwife I would’ve been 13 weeks and a few days. However I was put 6 days forward. My question is, do ultrasounds in the uk also go based on the two weeks you’re not actually pregnant like midwives do aswell as they do in America? It’s just cause my period was 1stvOctober but according to the ultrasound I would’ve been pregnant before then so understandbly I’m concerned. Hope you can help. Thank you

Expectingeden

Hi guys sorry for the change in topic. But recently I went to my 12 weeks scan where according to my midwife I would’ve been 13 weeks and a few days. However I was put 6 days forward. My question is, do ultrasounds in the uk also go based on the two weeks you’re not actually pregnant like midwives do aswell as they do in America? It’s just cause my period was 1stvOctober but according to the ultrasound I would’ve been pregnant before then so understandbly I’m concerned. Hope you can help. Thank you
Forgot to mention my cycle is extremely short so obviously my midwife didn’t take this into account when making her calculations which would make the ultrasound have some sense if they count the two weeks into ovulation

CarlyBal84

Yes they count the 2 weeks. But those dates could also change when I had my little boy I was put 2 days back but then at another scan it changed and I was back to normal dates.

CarlyBal84

I have a scan today and I'm really nervous. We have been trying so long for a baby and today is the day I get to see if we have a little heart beat in there growing healthy. If had abit of pain lately so just worrying I think.

Reactions: CranberryIce

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a scan today and I'm really nervous. We have been trying so long for a baby and today is the day I get to see if we have a little heart beat in there growing healthy. If had abit of pain lately so just worrying I think.

Reactions: CarlyBal84