Approved Easy grip insulin pen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have you ever had an issue gripping your insulin pen? If the answer is yes, I'd be really interested in your comments.

I'm a 38 year old, final year degree, Business Studies student. I'm also a Type 1 diabetic and I'm doing some work that looks in to how people with limited use in their hands manage to use the ir pre filled insulin pens. Having needed surgery on both of my hands I have found it difficult to grip and inject myself. Being terribly independent I struggle through but I wondered how people who have amore permanent hand condition manage. As part of my final degree work I am investigating what options are out there and hoped fellow diabetics or those in the 'know' had to say on the matter.

Please feel free to post your comments on here for all to see; alternatively if you are happy to provide me your email address I will talk to you separately. I can promise you that I am an individual and will not share your details with any other person or organisation.

I'm really close to finishing with a 2.1 degree so your support is really appreciated and who knows, I could even come up with something that gets manufactured!

Thanks in advance.

Sean Childerley (fingers crossed soon to be BAHons).