Easy way to open a supermarket carrier bag

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I always take my cloth bags with me,green ones :lol: However, if you pullthem by the handles, a little corner pops out. Give thosecorners little pull and the bag opens.

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Really...if the little beggars willdo that :!: :?

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
I groan loudly and hand them to the cashier :)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Ha,typical man,intelligent but beaten by the humble carrier bag! :lol: :lol:

tubolard

Dislikes
Surely you mean the invention of the devil :twisted:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
No,the invention of the devil are the plastic bags you are supposed to put your veggies in!I swear they really are only one single sheet of plastic!!

tubolard

Dislikes
I'd forgotten about them...shows how much shopping I do, but still, that's why I got married ( :oops: ). I try and limit my role to standing at the cashier waiting to pay and carrying the shopping home.

Regards, Tubs.

SilverAndEbony

I give the tips of my thumb and forefinger a quick lick, rub them together, and rub the top of the bag. My fingers stick enough (hopefully!) to the bag bag for the two sides of the bag to move in opposite directions. :p
It really works - sometimes
:lol:

If that doesn't work I resort to plan b. Frown threateningly at the bag. Swear. And give up
:wink:

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
For 5p you can buy reusable ones much easier to use.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Asda

sugarless sue said:
Where do you get them for 5p,I'm sure I pay 10p!!

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I always have my own sturdy bags with me as plastic wouldnt be able to cope with the bus and then the cycle I would put them through but I can say I used the method of damp finger and thumb to some success :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
do it online, it's greener and much more efficient and you can have your groceries delivered in reusable boxes - totally bagless.

of course, nobody will have any bin liners or dog poo collecting bags ;)

and the muppets at my local delivering supermarkey couldn't tell a ripe avocade from a mouldering satsuma ... but hey, everything has its drawbacks!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
As i said I carry my cloth bags with me. the one I bought in M&S has a divine picture of Twiggy on it. i shop at Lidl and they make you pay for carrier bags. I got some at Wilco's which popper flat when not in use.

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
yep I have some of the wilco's ones too - the tesco finest ones are probably the best thgouh - same price as most places but really big and with strong bar handles :)

recently came across the "onya" range of bags - made from parachute type fabric, they squash down into little sacks and you carry them on your belt or purportedly your keys (they're not THAT little) but they are brilliant, colourful and strong too :)

xxx

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Jem, where do you get the onya bags from? :)

Jem

Dislikes
the green store (online shop, just google for the green store!) have a full range of Onyas and you can also get them easily on eBay ... prices are pretty equal - lots of interesting colours and variants too - from ultra lightweight and fine re-usable vegetable bags, to bio-degradeable dog-poo bag holders - and Onya comes as shoulder bags, rucksacks, big ones and all kinds :) mine is purple and rather fab! :) xxx

gillyh

Dislikes
thanks for that Jem. Will have a look once signed out here

Jem

Dislikes
Hope you like them as much as I do :) they do look kinda crumpled when you unfurl them because of the parachute material ... but being strong and colourful and very re-usable makes up for that :) xxx