Eating meat when

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I low carb and eat meat daily. I used to eat high carb and not much meat.

If there were no supermarkets and butchers and if I had to kill animal myself to eat meat, I probably wouldn't be able to and I get slightly unsettled feeling from this. Does anyone else feel the same??

sninge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thats why we had ' cavemen! ' we used to need men to do things like that for us!!°

Reactions: michita
D

Deleted member 308541

If there were no supermarkets and butchers and if I had to kill animal myself to eat meat, I probably wouldn't be able to and I get slightly unsettled feeling from this. Does anyone else feel the same??
I have killed animals for home consumption, my partner has helped me as well doing some of the work.

I cut it up, she bags into portion sizes, the kids put it in the freezer. Then every one gets into the cleanup after.

None of animals we had, had pet names so the kids did not get attached to them.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have killed animals for home consumption, my partner has helped me as well doing some of the work.

I cut it up, she bags into portion sizes, the kids put it in the freezer. Then every one gets into the cleanup after.

None of animals we had, had pet names so the kids did not get attached to them.

Hi tipetoo Thank you for responding to my silly post. :) personally I think it's good, everyone who eat meat a lot should know more about killing animal to eat. I feel a little worried about getting packaged meat from tesco and not knowing what is involved. Lack of appreciation maybe

D

Deleted member 308541

personally I think it's good, everyone who eat meat a lot should know more about killing animal to eat.
That's the easy bit, digging a hole deep enough to put the skin, guts and bones in is the hard part. Planting a small tree in the same place helps them grow big and strong.

Killing chooks and ducks you rear in your backyard is a good way to start once they stop laying.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's the easy bit, digging a hole deep enough to put the skin, guts and bones in is the hard part. Planting a small tree in the same place helps them grow big and strong.

Killing chooks and ducks you rear in your backyard is a good way to start once they stop laying.

Haha ... I don't have a garden or backyard at the moment to rear animals. No chance ! My father used to cut up dead chickens. I didn't like eating meat when I was small. I can probably kill small animal if I'm hungry enough ? no idea