1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Eating out in N.Z.

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Atad heavy, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Atad heavy

Atad heavy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello
    We are off to Wellington in 3 weeks time & I am getting worried about eating out as we are not self catering. This is the first time we have been away since my type 2 diagnosis & I wondered how other people have got on and any recommendations for places to eat would be really appreciated

Thanks for reading

2. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not an expert on Wellington but NZ in general is way ahead of the UK in food choice.

Gluten free, paleo, keto, Atkins......they've heard of them!

You should feel at home in Windy Wellington as well after Gareth.:rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

You forgot the "Wet" bit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. walnut_face

walnut_face Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Was in NZ last year, they sure like their pies and cakes, always available with a coffee at the roadside cafes. That said I found wraps labelled 'low carb' - and they were. They also have a fantastic whitebait patty, just disregard the roll like you would with a burger. The food choices are not too different to UK, you will always find something. As always be wary of sauces and salad dressings

5. Atad heavy

Atad heavy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook