Eating out

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I make goat curry, when I can obtain goat. Unfortunately supply is very intermittent here in the UK Midlands. Interesting comments on eating Italian. Yes, the big chains I really struggle to find anything, but our local 'real' Italian has a number of really tasty and low carb choices. Not because they are doing anything special, but because 'real' Mediterranean food is a lot less carby than the menus in the regular chain eateries.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I make goat curry, when I can obtain goat. Unfortunately supply is very intermittent here in the UK Midlands. Interesting comments on eating Italian. Yes, the big chains I really struggle to find anything, but our local 'real' Italian has a number of really tasty and low carb choices. Not because they are doing anything special, but because 'real' Mediterranean food is a lot less carby than the menus in the regular chain eateries.

What do you eat low carb there?

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pedantic point but the West Indian dish is called Curry Goat not Goat Curry for some reason. I have also had Goat Water which is better than it sounds and is a goat stew but flavored with spices like clove and cinnamon.

D

Deleted member 371625

I live in Canada so it wouldn't be something you'd expect here.
Goes to prove anything is better when deep fried. Even crickets.:)
Actually, on a visit to Montreal I ate witchety grubs (cooked in garlic butter, very like king prawns in taste and texture - delicious) and deep fried millipedes (tasted like Twiglets which I don't much care for - not for me).
This was though in the café at the Insectarium museum.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I ate the worm out of a bottle of Mezcal at christmas.
Neither the worm, or the Mezcal were particularly inspiring.

Frogs legs are another low carb choice, providing you have them with garlic butter, rather than a sage stuffing.
(I have some in the freezer at the moment).

Hotpepper20000

Actually, on a visit to Montreal I ate witchety grubs (cooked in garlic butter, very like king prawns in taste and texture - delicious) and deep fried millipedes (tasted like Twiglets which I don't much care for - not for me).
This was though in the café at the Insectarium museum.
I think that would be a hard find all the way out west where I am. But deep fried and or garlic butter..... I'll try anything.
Well except the Mars Bar.