Effect of exercise on pancreas

iainf1

I have started at the gym, after a long layoff. A recent blood test showed a level of 88 which I know is high. Over the past three weeks I have been walking for at least 30 minutes every day on the treadmill at 3.5% slope and 6.5km/h which is as much as I can manage at present. My effort level is around 72% and I am managing to keep my heart rate between 140 and 145 for between 15 and 30 minutes each time (the latter was on a 45 minute session). I am aged 66 and weigh 101lbs. What effect is this likely to have had on my levels, given that so much more blood is being pushed around my pancreas? I have another blood test next week and would really like to see my level fall, but am not sure if I am doing enough. I have also started being more strict on my diet, which I hope will also help. Any guidance or advice welcome!

Reactions: Kondjila

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t do any exercise (apart from walking my dogs everyday for 30-40 minutes but it’s mainly a stroll) as I have a back injury. I have brought my hba1c down from being in the 90s to 54 by just eating low carb. When you say you’re being more strict with your diet, what’s your typical day food wise?