Effect of sleeping hours on Blood sugar reading

Mommayorkie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
being ruled by my conditions.if it isnt one playing up its another. stopping me leading at least some sort of life.
Hi Karen, so sorry its taken me over 2 years to answer you. had family problems for about 18 months. no time for coming on pc other than to do emails. by time it all settled down we were coming towards the end of last year. however........ i found that i could tolerate bananas and started having one chopped up with rice krispies. before bedtime.. put my BS up a bit more at bedtime but did mean i got less cramp in the night and slept better. so thank you for that suggestion. i also went on a low carb diet. took advice from a diabetic dietitian on that. and for 6 months kept a database of all i ate and BS results plus any upsets that could have put BS up. results at my last diabetic review were very good. Hb1Ac had gone down from 66 in the February 2017 (were same in Feb and Aug 2016 as was my cholesterol,.) in Aug 2017 they had gone down to 56,,, diabetic Dr was very pleased (I had refused to see jenny. she depresses me. picks on smallest thing so you feel like your doing nothing right ). the Dr also told me that 11-12 BS at night is not that bad and that they expect it to be higher at night than morning. my morning BS is between 6 and 7 most mornings , occasionally can be a little more. and even less times can go to 8-8.1 but there's usually a good reason for that like some upset or other,. i do not write things down now ( it got quite depressing tbh ) but i do not eat a lot anyway and most of my cooked meals consist of grilled chicken/cod/or salmon. with veggies. dont eat spuds much/ and have cut down on the cake. the only sweets i eat are licorice pontefract (pomfret) cakes.... to offset the constipation. a side effect from the Forxiga diabetic tablets. they dont seem to send my BS up.. (unless it would be lower still if i didn't eat them. but needs must when the devil drives eh? the granules they gave me in the beginning tasted horrible.(supposed to taste of orange but if an orange had been near the things i would be most surprised. my cholesterol has stayed the same at 5.6 (2 years ago and for years before that it was 4.6 to 4.8) again its to be expected when i only get exercise if i go to my nearest town with my daughter. but its costing around 20quid return as i cant use buses most of the time. certainly not that distance anyway.
hope you have got your problems sorted. and that you had a great xmas and new year..so sorry to hear about one of your cats getting killed. i do hope your over the initial shock of that. they are our kids arent they? i kep thinking what will i do when anything happens my hugo.. hes got arthritic front hips now, and getting a grumpy n occasionally snappy old man . he will be 12 9th of feb. this year. take care.