Eggs safe to eat by diabetics

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it does, thank you.

What planet are these people on and where have they been for the last several years? This really is old news.
Several years? Keys even said dietary cholesterol had no effect on blood cholesterol in the 1960's.... I guess they listened to him on all the wrong bits but not on the one bit that was remotely useful...

Reactions: LooperCat

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
May I make a smug comment? My youngest son's freind keeps rescue chickens as pets. No one in his freind's family like eggs much so for the last few months I have been getting organic, free range 'happy eggs' at no cost. You are all at liberty to spit in disgust at this point ;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Spitting ferociously at my PC screen.

At our previous house we had chickens (and a goat, several dogs, 3 tortoises, a gold fish and a cat) 100% free range within our boundaries (occasionally outside the boundaries) and even in the kitchen. Sometimes the Durrell's Corfu house reminds me of those times. :) I have never known such delicious eggs. They made the best ever Yorkshire puds, and fried were superb. The yolks were a creamy orange colour. I went out each morning to "pick" them for us.

I have lived off eggs all my life, and never had high cholesterol.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spitting ferociously at my PC screen.

At our previous house we had chickens (and a goat, several dogs, 3 tortoises, a gold fish and a cat) 100% free range within our boundaries (occasionally outside the boundaries) and even in the kitchen. Sometimes the Durrell's Corfu house reminds me of those times. :) I have never known such delicious eggs. They made the best ever Yorkshire puds, and fried were superb. The yolks were a creamy orange colour. I went out each morning to "pick" them for us.

I have lived off eggs all my life, and never had high cholesterol.

I agree, there's just no comparison when it comes to the 'generic' bland eggs from caged birds. I'm really pleased with my Happy Eggs.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree, there's just no comparison when it comes to the 'generic' bland eggs from caged birds. I'm really pleased with my Happy Eggs.
I don't think all the chickens are happy

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I don't think all the chickens are happy

I should have been clearer. I was speaking of eggs that are from happy, free range pet chickens and not about a particular brand. The phrase I used, Happy Eggs, is what I personally call them because the animals are happy. Sorry for any confusion there.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I should have been clearer. I was speaking of eggs that are from happy, free range pet chickens and not about a particular brand. The phrase I used, Happy Eggs, is what I personally call them because the animals are happy. Sorry for any confusion there.
Sorry. Jumped in too quickly.

Reactions: Guzzler
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love eggs, especially scrambled :hungry: or a delicious Frittita. I sometimes get free eggs from a friend who has 6 chickens and the eggs are so delicious and so fresh too :hungry:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My grandson will be so happy to hear this as he eats around 16 eggs a day.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No problem at all. Your video comment is informative for us all.
It was actually prompted by a recent newspaper report, but I couldn't find that, so I posted the video.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't miss out on goose eggs while they are in season. A single egg contains enough cholesterol to make the average GP run, screaming from the room.
Sally