Elective Amputation Re peripheral neuropathy

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
gemma_t1 I use R-ALA and have found it to be incredibly effective. Just my own personal experience with it and I continue to take it.

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m sure @Bluetit1802 will be along later with her supplier. She is just a satisfied customer, with no affiliation.

I just thought I’d add that I’ve been taking the 600mg ALA supplements for about a week now and I have noticed that it affects my blood sugars in that it seems to lower them ...
I thought that I was imagining the connection but I’ve just been looking it up this morning and it seems that this is a known effect. Do you know if anyone else on the forum has noticed the same thing?
I’ve been on Amazon.it and have seen the R-ALA, so looking forward to hearing which is the best one to buy.
Thanks again for your help!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just thought I’d add that I’ve been taking the 600mg ALA supplements for about a week now and I have noticed that it affects my blood sugars in that it seems to lower them ...
I thought that I was imagining the connection but I’ve just been looking it up this morning and it seems that this is a known effect. Do you know if anyone else on the forum has noticed the same thing?
I’ve been on Amazon.it and have seen the R-ALA, so looking forward to hearing which is the best one to buy.

No worries. I'm glad things are a little more positive for you Gemma.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Sorry to be late replying.

I buy my R-ALA from here https://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swa... Double Strength R-Fraction Alpha Lipoic Acid

They work for me, although my neuropathy is not diabetes related and is only in my feet, and quite mild. I find I only need one of these capsules a day. It does carry a warning in the leaflet that it can lower blood sugars.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to be late replying.

I buy my R-ALA from here https://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swa... Double Strength R-Fraction Alpha Lipoic Acid

They work for me, although my neuropathy is not diabetes related and is only in my feet, and quite mild. I find I only need one of these capsules a day. It does carry a warning in the leaflet that it can lower blood sugars.

Thank you so much for the link. I’ve read they ship to Europe too, so I’ll give them a try.
Thanks again and have a great day!!!

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I assume your vit B levels have been checked, if not it is a simple blood test that a GP can order.

I’ll find out. Thanks!
Btw what Vit B levels should I be aiming for and which B vitamins? Folate?

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ll find out. Thanks!
Btw what Vit B levels should I be aiming for and which B vitamins? Folate?

Your GP will sort that out if you are low, unless you eat little red meat you are unlikely to benfit from standard "over the counter" supplements.

Reactions: gemma_T1

rhalluk

Suffer from Neuropathy myself. Not sure if it is a reduction in my BS levels or the Circulation Booster I bought, but have found much less pain since using machine. Will try the R-ALA as well as feet are linked to so many other parts of the body. Good luck Sutch24 feel for you!