Employment help

StevieT666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was diagnosed type 1 in December 2015 signed off work by doctor for 2 weeks then I requested to return to work to help see how to manage my diabetes at work (Construction Work) the week before breaking up for christmas. My employer has not been supportive at all infact they have been quite rude and ignorant about my condition. I have had a few hypos at work which I managed myself and acted accordingly. I was called into the office in May and told that they had been monitoring my performance for some time and 'all' fellow employees had comented on this (not true). In June whilst working away from home I had a bad hypo at work and needed assistance, they stopped me from driving any machinery and vehicles. I had a case review the following week where I explained my condition fully and was asked about RA, asked for a single room whilst away for privacy and help to get good nights sleep and extra breaks to check BS levels, they also asked for a medical report which I agreed too, was told I could inject in the toilet hotel room!! Got nothing back from them then at end of August they said I was working away, rang my boss he was abusive and rude to me and said that I was sharing and were not bending rules to suit you! Got signed off from doctor with stress & anxiety for 2 weeks. I then put a grievance in and had grievance meeting 2 weeks later where again I explained my condition in detail. I've been put on jobs where there is significent risk to myself and others with no risk assesments or method statements (RAMS) about my condition. Site I was working on requested RAMS but my employer moved me to another site the following week. Got letter back stating they were still carrying out investigations and would be in touch, now recieved a letter saying I am 'required' to attend Occ Health on the site which I'm working on at the moment at 'their expense' even tho we were offered the service free of charge in the induction! Colleagues have been put through training for machinery specific to our job but not me? Getting more and more anxious and down about whole situation. Any thoughts and advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was diagnosed type 1 in December 2015 signed off work by doctor for 2 weeks then I requested to return to work to help see how to manage my diabetes at work (Construction Work) the week before breaking up for christmas. My employer has not been supportive at all infact they have been quite rude and ignorant about my condition. I have had a few hypos at work which I managed myself and acted accordingly. I was called into the office in May and told that they had been monitoring my performance for some time and 'all' fellow employees had comented on this (not true). In June whilst working away from home I had a bad hypo at work and needed assistance, they stopped me from driving any machinery and vehicles. I had a case review the following week where I explained my condition fully and was asked about RA, asked for a single room whilst away for privacy and help to get good nights sleep and extra breaks to check BS levels, they also asked for a medical report which I agreed too, was told I could inject in the toilet hotel room!! Got nothing back from them then at end of August they said I was working away, rang my boss he was abusive and rude to me and said that I was sharing and were not bending rules to suit you! Got signed off from doctor with stress & anxiety for 2 weeks. I then put a grievance in and had grievance meeting 2 weeks later where again I explained my condition in detail. I've been put on jobs where there is significent risk to myself and others with no risk assesments or method statements (RAMS) about my condition. Site I was working on requested RAMS but my employer moved me to another site the following week. Got letter back stating they were still carrying out investigations and would be in touch, now recieved a letter saying I am 'required' to attend Occ Health on the site which I'm working on at the moment at 'their expense' even tho we were offered the service free of charge in the induction! Colleagues have been put through training for machinery specific to our job but not me? Getting more and more anxious and down about whole situation. Any thoughts and advice would be welcomed. Thanks.
Sorry no advice but this is clear discrimination and I hope you get it sorted!