EMPOWER course

janrat68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi all right ok i attended one of these empower courses that the nhs fund it was 3 hours long and to be hinest i was bored stupid there was another women who found it quite useful but i go thebooklet and all she seemd to do was rabbit on bout stuff that ive learnt on here postion condtion excerise etc etc etc my main bug bare is that she hates using metets she said that they are a waste of time and money and dont be of nay use to type 2s excpeton the case if some drug to do with drving she was binaing on bou how the test that done are accutae and oys getting food s ro be used to get it udercontrol i poersonaly found it about as much use a choclate tpot but ha to write that i found it useful etc question is as anyine else been refured to this and found it useful and what are you thougts on her arude to meter use she wasnt diabteic btw

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
hi all right ok i attended one of these empower courses that the nhs fund it was 3 hours long and to be hinest i was bored stupid there was another women who found it quite useful but i go thebooklet and all she seemd to do was rabbit on bout stuff that ive learnt on here postion condtion excerise etc etc etc my main bug bare is that she hates using metets she said that they are a waste of time and money and dont be of nay use to type 2s excpeton the case if some drug to do with drving she was binaing on bou how the test that done are accutae and oys getting food s ro be used to get it udercontrol i poersonaly found it about as much use a choclate tpot but ha to write that i found it useful etc question is as anyine else been refured to this and found it useful and what are you thougts on her arude to meter use she wasnt diabteic btw

A year ago I was diagnosed as diabetic. I test daily and often. My blood sugars are now ( pre meals) mid fours to mid fives. This would not have been possible without testing pre and post eating and cutting out foods that spike me. I pay for my test strips as the nhs doesn't seem to think it's worth it. For me my health comes first.

Reactions: dbr10 and ringi

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Part of the problem is that when the NHS gave free test strips to people with type2, all people did was write down the numbers. Testing without training seems to be of little benefit to most people.

Remember that users of this website are not "most people".

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Well said ringi. There is more relavent info on this site than on all the info I was given by the nhs. Also members are willing to share info in a genuine open manner. ( thank you all that have answered my questions. )