Encouragement

mx5jax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I haven't posted before but use do follow this LCHF. I am not looking for praise just wanting to give others encouragement. I was diagnosed T2 in March of this year with an hba1c of 124 and weighing 18st 12 lbs with high blood pressure and pcos. Today I weigh 16st 7lbs have a hba1c of 36. I know only take 1 blood pressure tablet and next week my 4 x metformin and gliclazide will be reduced. I feel amazing and this is now a way of life. I have a total of 60g of carbs a day mostly from fruit and veg and good quality protein and fat. Although the medics don't usually agree I have my nhs dietitian and Drs approval as this obviously works for me. Keep going us!

Reactions: 2 people

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good on you! I was diagnosed a month later and weighed myself today .. I am now down from almost 18st to 14st 11lbs!!!! I feel lighter(no surprise there), healthier and cleaner because of a LCHF diet. I have yet to have a second HbA1c yet, but estimates would put it at 38 (down from 55).

Keep up the brilliant work @mx5max and maybe eventually more medics will encourage T2s to go low carb.

Reactions: 3 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I haven't posted before but use do follow this LCHF. I am not looking for praise just wanting to give others encouragement. I was diagnosed T2 in March of this year with an hba1c of 124 and weighing 18st 12 lbs with high blood pressure and pcos. Today I weigh 16st 7lbs have a hba1c of 36. I know only take 1 blood pressure tablet and next week my 4 x metformin and gliclazide will be reduced. I feel amazing and this is now a way of life. I have a total of 60g of carbs a day mostly from fruit and veg and good quality protein and fat. Although the medics don't usually agree I have my nhs dietitian and Drs approval as this obviously works for me. Keep going us!

Absolutely tremendous!!!

Nearly 2.5 stone and that massive drop in your A1C:). Well done!!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 2 people