Endoscopy results.... Houston we have a problem....!

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
So, a couple of weeks ago I went to my GP feeling overly tired, short of breath and irritable. After the blood test, it was determined i was severely anemic with a count of 81/140.
Off i was sent for a Gastroscopy which I had a week ago, this came back clear, so next on thelist was a Colonoscopy which I had yesterday.
The wirst part was the prep, thank god for the advive of previous experience the baby wipes and sudocrem were needed.
Anyhow, to cut a long story short, they found a growth at the start of the bowel (near the stomach end) which was too big to remove with the endoscope. Several biopsies were taken and a CT scan has been ordered for today (Tuesday) at 3pm
I have a week to wait and see if it is cancer. Whatever the result I am in for a tough period of time.
Please guys and girls, never ignore signs and symptoms no matter how trivial you think they are. They can remove polyps before they get too big and become cancerous, but they can only do this through screening. If your over 50, the consider screening.

Take care guys.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Thank you for sharing; it's an important message. Wishing you good luck and please keep us updated.

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Thanks, its a worrying time right now thats for sure. I have been doing so well with controlling my type 2 lately, I guess this will make things a wee bit more comolicated now.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Two nasty procedures and now a worrying wait! Sending sympathy and hopes for results that aren’t as bad as your fears!

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Thank you for sharing hope all us good for you.My da7ghter is going through the same thing I have nagged her to go to doctors and she now is having this procedure.

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
They found a 6cm growth at the end of my bowel, near appendix, sent me for a CT scan yesterday. My gp called me today and said the scan results were rushed through and it looks lije the growth is contained within the bowel. The biopsy results are not back yet so its a hurry up and wait senario. Either way it looks like i will need surgery to remove it.
The worrying thing was i had no symptoms whatsoever, luckily I went down to my GP 2 weeks ago complaining of feeling tired and irritable. Its lucky i did go down as being a typical bloke i almost passed this off as being a grumpy git.
The thought of this scares me as it could have been a lot worse.
I believe they will want to do an MRI next before sorting out a treatment plan.

Please folks take care and go to your GP if your feeling unwell... Dont put it off.

Reactions: LouWilk059
C

chris lowe

They found a 6cm growth at the end of my bowel, near appendix, sent me for a CT scan yesterday. My gp called me today and said the scan results were rushed through and it looks lije the growth is contained within the bowel. The biopsy results are not back yet so its a hurry up and wait senario. Either way it looks like i will need surgery to remove it.
The worrying thing was i had no symptoms whatsoever, luckily I went down to my GP 2 weeks ago complaining of feeling tired and irritable. Its lucky i did go down as being a typical bloke i almost passed this off as being a grumpy git.
The thought of this scares me as it could have been a lot worse.
I believe they will want to do an MRI next before sorting out a treatment plan.

Please folks take care and go to your GP if your feeling unwell... Dont put it off.

Really sorry to hear about your troubles, but thank goodness you didn’t go the bloke’s way & ignore it. Wish you luck with any treatment

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Best of luck on the forthcoming treatment. I hope that thinking of your problems helps make them smaller. If it does then I'm working like a beaver to help you. Good wishes for the best outcome possible.

Reactions: jay hay-char