Energy

chrischesters

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am recently diagnosed type 2 with no family history.
I train 4 days a week (cardio) cycle and play football.
What do people eat pre exercise to maintain energy without carb loading, cheers

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am recently diagnosed type 2 with no family history.
I train 4 days a week (cardio) cycle and play football.
What do people eat pre exercise to maintain energy without carb loading, cheers

Hi there Chris - It would be useful for folks to understand what, if any medication you are taking for your diabetes. Although that wouldn't influence what other people do, it could influence what could be sensible for you to do.

And welcome aboard.

chrischesters

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there Chris - It would be useful for folks to understand what, if any medication you are taking for your diabetes. Although that wouldn't influence what other people do, it could influence what could be sensible for you to do.

And welcome aboard.

Thank you, I am currently taking 500mg metformin 2 x daily.
Since changing my diet , which was reasonably good anyway I am lacking energy during gym sessions. Looking for ideas on energy foods without Carb loading , thanks again

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I am currently taking 500mg metformin 2 x daily.
Since changing my diet , which was reasonably good anyway I am lacking energy during gym sessions. Looking for ideas on energy foods without Carb loading , thanks again

Thanks for that. The medication you are taking is mild, in terms of how it works for your diabetes, so no concerns there.

On that basis, could you please describe what you would have eaten and drunk, prior to diagnosis, and what you are doing now?

Obviously, you'll be looking to bring your blood sugars under control, but are you trying to lose weight too?

Again, that'll help folks make appropriate suggestions for you. Sorry to answer questions with questions, but I'm good on questions. :)