erectile dysfunction already, I'm 24 had diebeties for 13 years now, HELP!

john12345678

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my HB1C has always been in the 7s for years best i had was 6.9, I'm pretty good with my diabetes i try and do excise every day, I've been with my girlfriend about 2 years and I've started getting really weak erections and sometimes it doesn't want to work some days think my last HB1C was 7.1 i exercise and have a good diet this shouldn't be happening yet should it?

dunno if this has anything to do with it? i did have a back of the eye screening recently and they said they did notice a slight change but nothing to worry about, what ever that mean :s

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi John, it could be anything, even emotional. But diabetics are susceptible to have it as a symptom.
are you able to get a referral to an ED clinic at a hospital? There is help and treatment for it, don't bother with magazine or tv ads.

john12345678

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi John, it could be anything, even emotional. But diabetics are susceptible to have it as a symptom.
are you able to get a referral to an ED clinic at a hospital? There is help and treatment for it, don't bother with magazine or tv ads.

i can ask at my next annual review of my diebeties which in a week or so i guess.

do you reckon with the information i have given you on me and with your experience do you think is it to do with my diabetes or something else?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my only qualification is I'm 60
seeing you're a young man.I would also ask about getting your a1c to 6-6.5 for your long term wellbeing and I know the T1's here would be glad to assist you.

re ED, it's embarrassing but every man has problems at one stage or another. the sensible ones seek solutions with their Dr's,
re symptoms for how long, how often. Do you get a good 'wake-up morning erection', that's a good gauge of the mechanics.
i can ask at my next annual review of my diebeties which in a week or so i guess.

do you reckon with the information i have given you on me and with your experience do you think is it to do with my diabetes or something else?

POTS01

John I am 43 and had diabetes for most of those years, I have only just got my hba1c below 7. I have had 1 of my eyes lasered. Everyone is different, I have not had any issues with Ed until very recently.
I would speak to your doc as it could be something else. Do you have a stressful job?