So I was bored and I applied for the competition and I guess I have won
(there meant to be a pic)

Last edited:

Domi0205

This
1544707833084.jpg

M

Member496333

Seriously jelly. I want one of these just because.

I’ve been looking at them on Amazon UK but there’s a lot of reviews complaining that they’re foreign domestic market and set to mg/dl :sorry:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

I’ve been looking at them on Amazon UK but there’s a lot of reviews complaining that they’re foreign domestic market and set to mg/dl :sorry:
Mines not as it is meant for the uk market mine came set mmol/L.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
Data management via app?

Yes, CONTOUR®DIABETES App for Android from 5.0 & iOS from 8.0.
Cable download port? Yes
Suitable for drivers to comply with DVLA / DVA legislation? Yes
Memory size Memory size - 800 test results stored on meter (with date, time and meal marking).
Illumination of displays

Yes

Illumination of test strip port

Yes

Countdown Time

5 seconds

Sample Size 0.6µl
Ability to apply blood if first sample is insufficient? If so, how long? Yes, features Second-Chance™ sampling, up to 60 seconds
Test Strip Contour®Next test strip
Measuring range 0.6 mmol/L - 33.3 mmol/L of glucose in blood
Haematocrit Range 0 – 70%
Meter Operating Temperature Range 5 °C - 45 °C
Meter Operating Humidity Range 10% - 93% RH
Screen size 55 x 15mm
Dimensions 97 mm (L) x 28 mm (W) x 14.9 mm (H)
Weight 36 grams
Meter Warranty 5 years upon warranty card registration

https://shop.diabetes.ascensia.co.uk/product/contour-next-one

Domi0205

You can choose everything you want like your target range, carbs count, weird stuff I don't understand XD

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you checked out the cost of replacement strips? Giving them away is what manufacturers do as that means they make huge profits when you purchase their strips. Very clever marketing. You get nowt for free in this world.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I've ordered this week from the company 50 strips cost £23.94 But I will be splitting them with my daughter who coincidently also has just won one.

Edit to add That included postage.

D

Deleted member 308541

Nice meter, I have just had a look on Contours Australian website and it is a freebie meter here as well. It's in mmol/l as well.

Strips are subsidised by the NDSS as well $15.00 for a 100 box (2 tubs), or $1.20 with a PBS concession card.

Reactions: Prem51

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never payed for my meters, the pharmacist hands them out for free, ( in Canada)but they will get the money back a hundred fold.
So I finally bought a Reli On prime ( Us) for around 20$ and 100 strips for even less..

Domi0205

Have you checked out the cost of replacement strips? Giving them away is what manufacturers do as that means they make huge profits when you purchase their strips. Very clever marketing. You get nowt for free in this world.
I think NHS here will get them for me for free but I'm not too sure

Domi0205

I never payed for my meters, the pharmacist hands them out for free, ( in Canada)but they will get the money back a hundred fold.
So I finally bought a Reli On prime ( Us) for around 20$ and 100 strips for even less..
I never payed for my meters either or any kind of strips or insulin or anything

Reactions: Prem51

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are type one and your GP says no, ask your hospital team as this has been sucessfull for some members in the past. Get to know your meter well and explain how it will help you.

Last edited: