Erratic BMs two years after giving birth

Metalmama

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Has anyone had experience of erratic BMs after giving birth?
My son is two now, and my control has never been so erratic. I keep having horrific hypos and it's scary.
I've altered my dose, changed insulin and I am still having them. Its just not been the same since he has been born.
Anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
MM

josie38

Hello Metalmama,

I have had the same problem since my son was born 3 yrs ago. My control has been the worst its been in 13 years. I have no hypo-awareness and sugar levels all over the place. I now have to have an insulin pump to try to my diabetes back under control (my last hba1c was 10.4). Maybe this is something you could look into?

I dont know what to advise because i am still having the same problems as you are. I changed all my insulins around to accomodate the fact that i am running round after a very active little boy. I have tried to run a bit high but then suffered crashing levels after a morning of looking after him. Like you i have tried everything. The only good thing about him is the fact he wakes up at 5am because it has stopped me having early morning hypos!!!!!!! :lol:

It must be a boy thing because I didnt have any problems after i had my daughter!!!!! I am hoping that when he starts school in september that things do settle down and ill have a bit more time to make sure that i can look after myself properly.

I know this isnt helpful but i wanted you to know that you are not alone and i know how frustrating it is!!!! if you want to chat some more you can always send me a pm!

:D :D :D :D

Josie