MrGrumpyD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All these questions !
Hi
’m trying to find out if travelling on the Eurostar I would need a letter to confirm that I have insulin .....even though I’ll only be travelling with one slow release and one fast release pen ......as I’m only going for a few days any help on this would be great

Many thanks
mr D

Carolin

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi,

it won't harm to take a letter, just in case, but my son never had to show his.

Enjoy your trip!

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
’m trying to find out if travelling on the Eurostar I would need a letter to confirm that I have insulin .....even though I’ll only be travelling with one slow release and one fast release pen ......as I’m only going for a few days any help on this would be great

Many thanks
mr D
I've been on Eurostar a couple of times with my pens and spare needles and cartridges, no problem. I think you should take spare pens though and not just rely on one for each insulin, if one got damaged or lost it could be a problem. I always take spares of everything even when going away in this country.

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to take spares just in case. I agree with Dodo.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Never had any need with Eurostar. They're generally very good and even know what an Insulin pump is.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
always take twice as much as you think you'll need including spare pens, if travelling with someone else split evenly, what if your bag got nicked?

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Travel abroad about twenty times a year, never had any issue, never taken a letter.