Ever heard this...?

jaykay

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Just discovered my husband has been having an affair for the last 6 years and I've been going through a tough patch. Anyhow, I went out with 2 other diabetic friends last night, who have also been going through trauma. So one friend is saying, she's having an affair and her marriage is failing and her bg is all over the place but she stabilises it with metformin. And I say well, I went to the doctor for some help with anxiety and he told me not to test for a while as the circs will push my bg up and I don't need to be worrying about that as well at the moment. And the 3rd lady, whose husband has just died of cancer says that the shock has re-adjusted her body and her doctor has taken her off insulin!! :shock: I've never heard of such a thing..anyone else?

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Jaykay

I am sure that stress is not good for BS levels but that last bit defies all belief. A dramatic form of treatment!!!

Regards

Doug

Jenfy

Hi JayKay, sorry you have had such a rough time. Like Doug I know stress is bad for BG. As for the last thing, wow! So good to hear something positive! I know of people who've had bad things happen after an emotional trauma, like going grey overnight and one person went immediately blind, but to get better like your friend is amazing!
Good luck to all three ladies. I was in that place myself once ( the husband affair thing) not easy but you get through and move on to better times
Jenny x