Everything Probiotics

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kiran Krishnan, microbiologist is at the forefront of microbiome research and the use (and production) of probiotics/prebiotics, etc. He covers just about every question I think most people could imagine to ask. Examples: why lactobacillus based probiotics might not be a good choice for people with gut issues, how probiotics work (and don't work), various forms and strains, fermented foods, etc.

I've been following talks of his for a few years now - this one probably covers most things in one interview:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I enjoyed this chat especially the segment from 50 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes. Sounds perfectly logical to try to have as diverse a diet as possible and that fasting is beneficial, too. Great tip on trying the ethnic stores for different varieties of foods.

Topically, as we have been discussing inflammation on another thread, that the immune system has different approaches to systemic and localised inflammation and that some cancers thrive and hide within inflamed sites.

I've learned that the eye has its own biome and that of all the biomes the gut is or can be the driver. Great stuff.

Reactions: hazelzac and Indy51