Excessive Sweating

Mscmhs1

In the last few years, I’ve started sweating excessively even with very mild exertion.

I’m a 36 year old guy and was newly diagnosed as type 2 diabetic at the beginning of 2020. At the time I was around 15st 5lb.

I am not taking any medications. It is managed by lifestyle changes.

I’ve since lost nearly two stone but the excessive sweating remains a major issue and it’s really starting to get me down. I only have to be getting dressed or tidying around the house etc and it’s triggered.

I’ve been making the obvious association of diabetes and excessive sweating but the loss of weight has made no impact. In fact, it’s probably worse now. Blood tests show thyroid function is normal.

I’ve been testing my bloods regularly and they’re generally stable ranging from 6.3 (fasting) to 11.3 after food (which is higher than it should be).

If the sweating is a consequence of diabetes, is it possible to undo any damage caused? It’s affecting me so much that I am also reclusive. I don’t like to meet people or be social which, inevitably, is having wider impacts.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the last few years, I’ve started sweating excessively even with very mild exertion.

I’m a 36 year old guy and was newly diagnosed as type 2 diabetic at the beginning of 2020. At the time I was around 15st 5lb.

I am not taking any medications. It is managed by lifestyle changes.

I’ve since lost nearly two stone but the excessive sweating remains a major issue and it’s really starting to get me down. I only have to be getting dressed or tidying around the house etc and it’s triggered.

I’ve been making the obvious association of diabetes and excessive sweating but the loss of weight has made no impact. In fact, it’s probably worse now. Blood tests show thyroid function is normal.

I’ve been testing my bloods regularly and they’re generally stable ranging from 6.3 (fasting) to 11.3 after food (which is higher than it should be).

If the sweating is a consequence of diabetes, is it possible to undo any damage caused? It’s affecting me so much that I am also reclusive. I don’t like to meet people or be social which, inevitably, is having wider impacts.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Mscmhs1 - I find it best not to automatically link everything with diabetes. If you definitely feel there is an association, then getting or keeping your numbers into a good range is the best tool you could have. It could be good to get that 11.3 trimmed back a bit, so maybe a bit of a double down on the lifestyle changes could be useful anyway.

Some find they perspire if their bloods are high, and some people just seem to perspire more than others.

To be honest, having a go at those numbers would be helpful to your overall health, even if it doesn't improve your perspiring issue, but if it doesn't, it's got to be back to your Doc for a rethink.

Is your perspiring all over, or focused on certain areas of your body?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I only sweat when levels go low that a sure sign for me