Excessive sweating

nejaco

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am Type 2and have been for 9 years. I am 59 years old. Am on Insulin 4 times a day along with the normal tablets. Over the last 18 months I have developed excessive, and I mean excessive sweating, I literally stand there and drip, and I can do this with no physical exertion. Doesn't matter about the weather either, i am equally at home in the winter!!!!
Have seen the specailist who has run lots of tests, all to no avail.
Does anyone else suffer with this? and if so have you found anything that would control it or even lessen the symptoms.

nejaco

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I do have neuropathy but my Blood Sugar levels are fine. If anything they're on the too low side a lot of the time.

Vancleak

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am Type 2and have been for 9 years. I am 59 years old. Am on Insulin 4 times a day along with the normal tablets. Over the last 18 months I have developed excessive, and I mean excessive sweating, I literally stand there and drip, and I can do this with no physical exertion. Doesn't matter about the weather either, i am equally at home in the winter!!!!
Have seen the specailist who has run lots of tests, all to no avail.
Does anyone else suffer with this? and if so have you found anything that would control it or even lessen the symptoms.

Vancleak

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have the same thing happen but mostly after& during eating or drinking a cup of coffee or tea! Also at night when I get up to go to the loo my hair will become soaked with sweat running down past my ears- not nice. I can understand that happening when my sugars are low -around 4.5 or less when I break out in a cold sweat, but why it happens when eating etc I have no idea! Doc just says its due to being type 2- not exactly helpful! So sorry cant help ,but you are not alone!
Type2 since 2005 Gliclazide & Metformin.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I have the same thing happen but mostly after& during eating or drinking a cup of coffee or tea! Also at night when I get up to go to the loo my hair will become soaked with sweat running down past my ears- not nice. I can understand that happening when my sugars are low -around 4.5 or less when I break out in a cold sweat, but why it happens when eating etc I have no idea! Doc just says its due to being type 2- not exactly helpful! So sorry cant help ,but you are not alone!
Type2 since 2005 Gliclazide & Metformin.
Excessive sweating is called hyperhidrosis and there are lots of possible causes, not just diabetes. You might want to ask for a referral to a dermatologist, as there are various treatment options available.