Type 1 Exciting Friday question.. about a corn!

Vix85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!

So, went to the Chiropodist today as I have a corn on my foot. Sexy, I know.

I’ve been to see one before who used to just scrape the top layer off very gently, never actually cutting me and then would put some cream on.

Well he sadly retired and today I saw a new lady. She cut me. And it bloody still stings even almost 12hrs after.. she knew I was diabetic and didn’t seem concerned that there was some blood, put some cream on and off I went.

I’m pretty sure there is only blood when you’ve gone too close and caught the live tissue? Panicking a bit now that I’ll get an infection

Do any of you lovely people have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Vicky

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a couple done a few months back and as your first experience, it was fine, cut out with no bother. I noticed that the blade came from a sealed packet, which would have been sterile. I'm hoping yours were like wise. The chances of infection I would say are low. If it does not heal quickly be sure to see some one else about it.

Vix85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a couple done a few months back and as your first experience, it was fine, cut out with no bother. I noticed that the blade came from a sealed packet, which would have been sterile. I'm hoping yours were like wise. The chances of infection I would say are low. If it does not heal quickly be sure to see some one else about it.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - Did yours bleed?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not had many corns so not really an expert. I had the good fortune to buy a Scholl's 2 in1 Corn Express Pen on Ebay. I treated it myself. There is a gadget on one end of the pen for taking the cap off the corn. There is a fluid in the other end of the pen for painting on the stump. No blood, no Chiropodist and no corn.