Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hi I'm new but have got prednisone type 2 diabetes due to being on very high dose of hydrocortisone to treat a very sever flare of pan ulcerative colitis 6 years ago. initially was on insulin but now on diamacron and junuva. My question is what do I need to do when doing exercise weight-bearing my sugar goes up high and I am unsure how to control I am eating a carb meal 2 hours before yet my sugar plays havoc and varies between 9 and 16 Any suggestions on what is the best way to get my sugar stabled whilst exercising. What should I be eating? I found eating certain foods can become problematic for my UC so it can be a challenge trying to eat for my type 2 and UC.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm new but have got prednisone type 2 diabetes due to being on very high dose of hydrocortisone to treat a very sever flare of pan ulcerative colitis 6 years ago. initially was on insulin but now on diamacron and junuva. My question is what do I need to do when doing exercise weight-bearing my sugar goes up high and I am unsure how to control I am eating a carb meal 2 hours before yet my sugar plays havoc and varies between 9 and 16 Any suggestions on what is the best way to get my sugar stabled whilst exercising. What should I be eating? I found eating certain foods can become problematic for my UC so it can be a challenge trying to eat for my type 2 and UC.

Hi Annabell

The mixture of UC + steroid + T2 is a bit of a juggling match, from what I have understood. I don't personally have much real wisdom to offer you except to say we have a number of steroid induced T2 who post, and a few (but smaller number) who also have UC.

I'm sort of wondering if it might be helpful to add a reference to your UC to your thread title, to hopefully highlight it to those sharing your predicament.

You can't edit your thread title yourself, but if you would like to try that, if you just tag me (by typing the @ symbol directly before my name), or any other Mod and we can adjust it for you to maybe something like,
"Exercise and diabetes type 2, with Ulcerative Colitis".

Those are just example words, you could ask for whatever you like (provided it's decent!).

In any case, my post will bring your thread up to the top of the viewing lists.

Good luck with it all.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@DCUKMod, "Exercise and diabetes type 2, with Ulcerative Colitis"