1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

exercise dilema

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by WaG, Nov 27, 2009.

1. WaG

WaG Type 2 · Active Member

I am type two diagnosed for a year now on 2 x metformin, exercise and diet last Hba1c 6.4 down from 7.1.

My dilema is that things have changed recently e.g working hours and I can only exercise in the evenings around 7.30 pm, previously I was exercising in the day.

When I go to bed at night I have found that I need to visit the loo more than previously is it possible that the later exercise is causing this? if so I am not sure as to what to do.

WaG

2. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

Get a check with the doctor
    I recently had a need to visit the loo more often at night and saw the doctor, because I was so tired from lack of sleep. He asked for a urine sample. turned out I had a UTI. A week of antibiotics and I'm fine and back to only once per night and sometimes not even that.
    Hana

3. WaG

Thanks Hana

Things have eased off now but I will make contact with the docs just in case.

WaG

4. bikkiboo

bikkiboo · Newbie

Is the exercise making you lose weight? I always pee a lot more when I'm losing weight.

5. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

Bikkiboo
    weeing a lot during weight loss is usual, but we have mechanisms which should cut our kidney output during sleep. They don't work in babies and are less efficient as we get older.
    Hana

6. WaG

Thanks all Losing weight has been par for the course for me with or without the exercise due to diet changes.

WaG

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook