exercise dvd ?

Kat6958

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I recently just started doing this exercise DVD to try and lose a little bit of weight and to keep fit since I don't really go to any clubs or anything. Apart from walking to and from school and around school it's all the exercise I really do. There are 12 rounds of the DVD and they each last 3 mins.I got to 5 yesterday before I thought I should have a break. But when I went to check my levels they happened to drop and I had to quickly get it back up again. I'm away to do the exercise DVD again because it's recommended to doing it 4 times a week. My levels were at 7.0 about 20 mins ago when I checked them and I decided to eat a banana so that it didn't drop while I exercised. But it's not a really good idea to eat right before you exercise because you can get cramps so I'm just waiting 30 mins or so. It's really frustrating because I didn't even realise I was having a hypo after, I thought it was just the exhaustion from the exercise. I'm not really sure to go about this. So I think I might just check my levels after 2 rounds and see what it's at. Does anyone have any tips so that it doesn't drop while I exercise? UPDATE I just checked it again and it's at 4.6?!

Last edited by a moderator:

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.6 is ok imo , just about as low as you want to go tho, I would monitor and see and just eat some carbs half hour before exercise, a whole banana probably is a bit much tho....try maybe half a banana.........

I dont suffer much from hypos, but a mate does and has a shake with protein and carbs in which he sips if he feels he needs it during his workout..........

Maybe also try not going too mad to start with ,,, ease into it ....maybe just 2 rounds then 3 etc