Exercise ramblings

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
What sort of things do you do for exercise? I am discovering that exercise is so key to me getting my BG under any sort of control.

I ride a bike, walk and am part of a morris side (only just starting to dance, played in the band for the past couple of years). I wear one of those Vivofit bands and surprisingly a band practice gives me about 2,000 steps on the Vivo. I try to walk to the shops and am doing a bit of gardening as well.

My walking boots were a bit out of action, I needed some new laces, they have just arrived. Happy days.

Reactions: AM1874

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You seem to be doing a whole range of exercise as long as some of it is every day. Walking and housework is all I do with some fair weather gardening sometimes.

PS My hubby always wanted to be a Morris Dancer even though he has no co-ordination or sense of rhythm, and hates dancing. He can't even dad dance. It was only because of the pubs and the beer!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just walk 10,000 steps with the dogs and chopping/sawing up firewood ..

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I now use the treadmill walking up hill at a very high speed Then I can burn my calories faster than on other machines so I can finish earlier fitness is not my whole world

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
You seem to be doing a whole range of exercise as long as some of it is every day. Walking and housework is all I do with some fair weather gardening sometimes.

PS My hubby always wanted to be a Morris Dancer even though he has no co-ordination or sense of rhythm, and hates dancing. He can't even dad dance. It was only because of the pubs and the beer!

Between you and I, I think a lot of the guys enjoy the beer and the pubs. It's great fun and there are roles for people with no natural sense of rhythm to play! - I know this, look at me!